Applications for admission will be considered at any time for Kindergarten (K1) to Year Thirteen (Y13).
Application for Year Twelve and Thirteen candidates is subject to approval by the School Director and the Head of Department for A Levels.
In order to apply for admission, please follow the steps outlined below:
STEP 1 INFORMATION GATHERING, PLACEMENT TEST & SUBMITING AN APPLICATION
Parents visit the school to get information about the school and its curriculum. All parents are then taken for a school visit for a firsthand look at the school and its facilities and the class rooms. Parents are informed that one of the criterions is that the students must take a placement test to assess the student’s knowledge about English and Mathematics.
- The passing criterion for K2 till Y6 – students must achieve at least 60% on the Placement test.
- The passing criterion for Y7 till Y10 – students must achieve at least 70% on the Placement test.
All Candidates must submit the official IPS application form. These can be purchased from the School Admissions Office, during normal office hours. The form must be supplemented with the following documentation:
- Three passport size photos of applicant with name printed on reverse
- Copies of parents’ passports & visas or Parents’ ID Card Copy in case of Thai Nationals
- Copies of child’s passport & visas or Child’s Birth Certificate and ID Card (if available)
- Copy of parents’ work permit – for non-Thai nationals
- Copy of Health Certificate – certifying that the child is devoid of any physical, mental and emotional issues.
- Copies of previous school records, report cards, Transfer Certificate - translated into English and certified in English (Elementary School requires past two years of records/report cards and Secondary School requires past three years if records/report cards)
- No Placement Test Fee is charged.
Parents of prospective students must complete the full application form and complete with all the above documentation before the Admissions Committee is able to review the application.
STEP 2 APPLICATION REVIEW BY ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE
Our admissions committee will review the application in accordance with the school’s admissions criteria. Factors taken into account include:
- Age of applicant
- Class size
- English Language proficiency – in case the child is found to be weak in English, the student must join ESL (English as Second Language) classes instead of English mainstream, for at least one year.
- Previous school records
- Nationality / ethnicity
- Admissions assessment results / academic ability
- Involvement in school-life beyond the academic programme
- Learning and social behaviour
- Placement Test Results
The school reserves the right to decline an application if the student does not meet the criteria above.
STEP 3 APPROVALS
The assessments consider age and year level appropriate literacy and numeracy skills.
After reviewing the assessment results and school records, the school will make a decision as to whether or not the applicant may register.
Please note that the evaluation assessment materials and the results of the assessment is confidential and is considered to be the property of the school; parents will not be entitled to the original or a copy.
Families will be notified as soon as possible of admissions decisions and it is after this notification that actual registration may take place. Once a place has been offered, families have a limited period, specified by the school, in which to accept it. If the place is accepted families must supply the following:
- Registration Fee
- Tuition Fees and deposits must be paid within two weeks of the date of acceptance or the child may lose his or her place.
- All fees must be paid prior to the first day of school attendance.
Admission to the school does not guarantee student enrolment beyond the initial year, which will be dependent on the maintenance of satisfactory levels of progress and behavior.
Class groups are established at the discretion of the School.
STEP 4 DISCOUNTS ON FEES
Kindergarten 1 students are eligible for 50% concession on the Registration Fees, for academic Year 2017-2018.
Discount for sibling - A 20%, 30% and 40% discount is offered on REGISTRATION FEES only for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Child – belonging to same parents (father and mother).
Discount for ex-students who re-join the school: A 20% discount is offered on REGISTRATION FEES only.
DISCOUNT FOR A LEVEL STUDENTS:
- New Students who come for Year 12 will get 50%, 30% and 10% discount on REGISTRATION FEES if in the IGCSE the student got 7 A*, 6 A* and 5 A* and remaining subjects are not below C grade.
- Existing IPS students moving from Year 11 to Year 12 will get a cash scholarship of THB 10,000, 8,000 and 6,000 if in their IGCSE they got 7 A*, 6 A* and 5 A* and remaining subjects not below C grade.
- Children and siblings of Alumni will be eligible for a 20% discount on REGISTRATION FEES.
- Details of the Alumni must be presented to the school before a Discount can be availed.
PROOF OF ALUMNI:
- Previous student ID Card of IPS.
- Proof that the Alumni is an ex-student of International Pioneers School who has studied and completed IGCSE and/or AS/A Levels.
- Parents who have recommended other parent/s to IPS will be eligible for a THB1,000.00 discount per one new enrolment on fees on their child.
- The payment/discount will be made once the new child/student has successfully joined the school.