KEY STAGE 4 (IGCSE)
The Cambridge IGCSE curriculum offers a variety of routes for learners with a wide range of abilities, including those whose first language is not English.
We help schools build a curriculum around their specific needs. Starting from a foundation of core subjects, it is easy to add breadth and cross-curricular perspectives. Encouraging learners to engage with a variety of subjects, and make connections between them, is fundamental to our approach.
For schools, Cambridge IGCSE offers a flexible and stimulating curriculum, supported with excellent resources and training.
For learners, Cambridge IGCSE helps improve performance by developing skills in creative thinking, enquiry and problem solving. It is the perfect springboard to advanced study.
CAMBRIDGE IGCSE DEVELOPS LEARNER KNOWLEDGE, UNDERSTANDING AND SKILLS IN:
- Subject content
- Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as unfamiliar situations
- Intellectual enquiry
- Flexibility and responsiveness to change
- Working and communicating in English
- Influencing outcomes
- Cultural awareness.
- Schools worldwide have been involved in the development of Cambridge IGCSE. The syllabuses are international in outlook, but retain a local relevance. They have been created specifically for an international student body and avoid cultural bias.
- For more information about the Cambridge IGCSE, please visit http://www.cie.org.uk/programmes-and-qualifications/cambridge-secondary-2/cambridge-igcse/